Middle/High School building includes grades 7-12. Grades 7 to 8 comprise SFIS Middle School. The High School covers 9-12.
Both schools are separate for attendance and grading purposes, but are located in the same building. High School is administered by Principal Mrs. Gina Curran. email@example.com 747-2298 The Office Secretary, Paula Whiting, is the primary contact for all 7-12 matters. Ms. Whiting can assist any parent or guardian to get to the proper person on their concern.
If you have questions about a new or returning enrollment, please contact Diane Bordeaux at 605-747-2999 x3211.
Second Semester Student Expectations
- Complete 70% of the course with a passing grade. Your grade may be a compilation of Edgenuity and Google Classroom assignments. Reach out to your teacher for more information. It is your responsibility to keep up your grades.
- Complete one lesson per class per day in Edgenuity.
- Complete two stories in Achieve 3000 a week.
- Join the Google Classroom for the class you are assigned to this semester.
- Attend all scheduled Google Meet classes with teachers if the teacher requires it.
- Seniors who are taking Lakota Language and/or other Lakota Tribal Law classes must reach out to the teacher to get assignments on Google Classroom. All course work will be done in the Google Classroom for these classes.
- If you need Wi-Fi or your laptop repaired/replaced notify the school at once 747-2298. The school does provide these items. However, it is the student’s responsibility to take care of these and keep them secure. Do not remove the SIM card and try to put it in your phone. It will ruin the machine and will not work on your phone.
- Login to Edgenuity every day or you will be counted absent for the day. The Bureau of Indian Education requires that students be dropped after they miss 10 consecutive days. The Rosebud Sioux Tribe also requires that all students attend school. You will be required to do an attendance contract if you have high absenteeism.
- If you decide to get a job,or traveling then it is your responsibility to keep up with your daily class assignments.
- The WI-FI units will be turned on from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. everyday. You will need to work on your classes during this time frame.
- Do your own work. Do not use someone else’s. This is called Plagiarism. Plagiarism is the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own. Please cite any sources that you use. Respond to the lesson using your own thoughts and words. Do not copy and paste from the internet.